Through its cooperation with the best of the breed solar panel producers we managed to bring to Africa the first low-cost solar panels. The achievement is great: solar energy is finally cost-efficient enough to compete with the wind, the biomass and other renewables. Moreover, BPL Africa is involved in the construction of solar farms for its off-grid Energy Islands and on-grid Microgrids solutions.
Solar street lamps – integrated solar and battery panels
This unique and innovative product, which enables to immediately store generated solar energy is cost-efficient, easy to deploy and possesses a number of competitive characteristics :
· 5-6 years lifecycle vs 1 year for traditional lead-acid batteries
· compact design and fast installation on new or existing poles
· the LED lamp 30W ,45W and 60W
· smart on-pole installation, preventing thefts
· High resistance, non explosif even when exposed to fire
· No contamination for the environment
At present BPL Africa has in its hands all necessary technologies to fulfill its ambition of becoming a leader in the battery storage field.